Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Live at the lakes and drive to work in Austin?

Every once in a while I receive an email from someone who would like to live in our area and asks what the job situation here is. It is difficult finding a job that pays as well here as in Austin, and good jobs here are scarce.

A few years ago I was living and working in Austin. One of my friends at work lived in Llano and drove to work at the office in Austin each day. One day I asked him how he liked the drive to and from work each day. His comment was that he really enjoyed the drive. That response really surprised me. I had expected him to say that he really hated the drive.

I started thinking about my 18 mile drive to work through all the heavy traffic and stop lights, and decided that maybe his drive was longer but far more pleasant than mine was. I had been wanting to move back to Horseshoe Bay, and I decided that I would look for a home in Horseshoe Bay and drive to Austin to work each day.

We did find a place in Horseshoe Bay, and I started driving to Austin to work. I saw what my friend meant about the drive being enjoyable. I really did enjoy the drive. It took exactly an hour to drive the 53 miles each way, but it was a very pretty drive through the hills. I drove to work in Austin for 3 1/2 years. From time to time I miss that pretty drive that I took daily. It is one of the prettiest drives in Texas.

If you would like to find out about living out at the lakes and driving to work in Austin, contact one of the realtors on this web site:
http://www.highlandlakes.com/realtors/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home